Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cheery Lynn Designs July 2014 New Release


Today is the July 2014 New Release day for Cheery Lynn Designs.  We have a wonderful collection of new dies available for purchase in the store.  I, of course, could not resist using some of the new Holiday dies.  


For my first card, I used the card base you saw me create in my Center Step Card Tutorial.  I have added the new Happy Halloween Twiggy Wreath to the main panel.  I die cut the words twice, once out of the black card stock, then again out of DP.  I layered them just a bit offset to create a bit of a shadow.  Along the bottom of my card, I added the new Trick or Treat Border.  Isn't it just the cutest!  I used my Alison's Ribbons die to add the accents on the side pieces of my card.  And of course, you have to have bats from the Going Batty die. 


I finished the inside of the card with another Trick or Treat Border and Happy Halloween Twiggy Wreath.  One of the circles from the Silver Circle Stackers set fit perfectly behind the wreath.


For my second card, using my Scalloped Square Stackers and matching Silver Square Stackers, I created a diagonal easel card.  I added the new Icicles Border to the top of the front and the bottom of the inside of this card.  The new Dancing Snow Flurries die is a wonderful lacy border of swirls and snowflakes which fit perfectly both inside and out.


Using my Sentiment Tag 2 die set, I cut a background for the new Merry Christmas w/Tree Sentiment.  The little snowflake is part of this die as well.  The last step was to add a bunch of bling to all the snowflakes.

Be sure to visit the Cheery Lynn Designs blog for more new release inspiration and to enter this week's Beautiful Borders challenge for a chance at a $20 store credit. 

5 comments:

Gitte said...

Beautiful cards.

Maryvonne Coussé said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maryvonne Coussé said...

LOVE HALLOWEEN dies !
Magics cards, at always...

Dr Sonia S V said...

Sandy love both your cards and Especially love the merry xmas with the swirly tree
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Blue Rose said...

Sandy,
Your cards are just awesome, fabulously awesome. The detail on both cards, the colors, the scenes, oh my gosh, you did an amazing job, just amazing.